Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hieroglyphic Trail





Well I am finally adding to the post! I'm so glad that Vanessa is keeping the blog updated! It is so fun to see our adventures. If I was keeping the blog updated we would not be seeing all the fun adventures! Back in November the kids were out of school for Veterans Day. We took them hiking to the Hieroglyphic Trail, which is in the Superstition Mountains. I have not been on this trail and I really enjoyed it, probably as much as the kids.
The trail was fun to drive to. The signs were small to direct you to the trail. You drive through residential neighborhoods and then before you know it you are at the trailhead. We had 3 cars full of kids. Vanessa, Berkley and Austin, Lisa, Mark and Bryan, Allyson, Sydney, Mia and Kendall, me (Sherree), Dylan and Cole and Chattie braved all the children to join us.
The hike was a steady climb but not too difficult. When you get to the end of the trail it is worth the hike! The kids loved all the Petroglyphs, rocks to climb and a little cave to play in! They did not want to leave the area! I am so glad we did this hike and would do it again with the kids.

1 comment: